Comprehensive Plan CBAs Advantages/Benefits
- Appears on and is compatible with the Comprehensive Plan of all three counties.
- Moves nearly 3 times as many daily trips as other CBAs
- Provides access to the most activity centers in the study area and greatly improves access to the City of Manassas and Manassas Park.
Is the only CBA that:
- Appears on all three local Comp Plans
- Links all three counties.
- Provides significant relief to Route 28(Centreville Road) between Manassas and Centreville (none of the other alternatives accomplish this).
- Provides significant relief to Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) between Manassas and I-66 (none of the other alternatives accomplish this).
- Provides an alternative to Route 659 (Gun Springs Road) and Route 234 through Manassas Battlefield Park in order to get to I-66.
- Provides an alternative/relief to Braddock Road, Bull Run Post Office Road, Pleasant Valley Road, and US Route 50 for traffic movement between Loudoun County points east in Fairfax and should greatly minimize congestion at Braddock Road-Route 28 intersection (Centreville Road) and on Route 29 west of Centreville.
- Provides a direct I-66 connection to South Riding and other southeastern Loudoun County residential communities and employment centers.
- Includes four new interchanges (Wellington Road, Route 234 Business, Lomond Drive and I-66) thereby improving other parts of the regional network.
- Improves access to Bull Run Regional Park AND provides opportunity for substantial cash payment to NOVA Regional Park Authority (NVRPA) for right of way acquisition.