The DEIS provides the following very rough cost estimates for each alternative –
- West Two -- $201,174,000
- West Four -- $176,674,000
- Comp Plan -- $547,826,000
Why Comp Plan Is Best Investment
While the Comp Plan is the most expensive option, it also provides the greatest benefits including the fact that it --
- Carries more than twice as many daily trips as the other alternatives.
- Is the only CBA that extends and provides additional capacity south of I-66.
- Is the only CBA that takes traffic off Route 28 and Route 234 Business.
- Includes four interchanges not in other CBAs.
It’s also important to note that --
- VDOT estimates include right-of-way costs for Prince William County land already dedicated and there will be no cost for this purpose.
- As noted above, right of way cost includes funds which would be paid to the NVRPA and thus kept in the public domain (also as noted, they could have much improved I-66 access at no cost).