Strong Public Support for Comp Plan Option,
During three public hearings in May 2005 and the public comment period that followed, the Virginia Department of Transportation received comments from nearly 800 individuals and organizations.
Forty percent (40%) of all comments endorsed the Comp Plan option or twice that of the West II and West 4 options combined.
The Comp Plan alignment also received strong support from area organizations representing thousands of area employers and tens of thousands of workers. These organizations include:
- Dulles Area Transportation Association (DATA)
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
- Herndon Dulles Chamber of Commerce
- Loudoun Chamber of Commerce
- Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance
- Prince William-Greater Manassas Chamber of Commerce
- Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Washington Airports Task Force
Local Government Actions
- September 26, 2005- Fairfax County Board of Supervisors states it doubts West II and West IV options meet county's needs. Requests more information from VDOT to better assess Comp Plan's transportation benefits.
- September 26, 2005- Manassas City Council endorses Comp Plan alignment.
- October 4, 2005- Loudoun County Board of Supervisors supports West Two CBA as preferred alignment for Tri-County parkway EIS with Comp Plan as second choice and to keep Comp Plan alignment on Loudoun's Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP).
- November 1, 2005 – Prince William County Board of Supervisors votes unanimously to endorse Comp Plan Alignment
- November 17, 2005 – Commonwealth Transportation Board votes to endorse West Two CBA, but agrees that Comp Plan alignment should remain on local plans.
- Winter 2006/2007 – Record of Decision from FHWA