Federal Transportation Stimulus Dollar Update
Nearly $240 Million in Stimulus Funds
Allocated for Northern Virginia
Virginia Governor Tim Kaine announced that $1 billion in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA or Stimulus) funds have been allocated for Virginia infrastructure projects.
To date, $172,246,483 has been allocated for Northern Virginia road and public transportation projects.
In addition, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) has $184,083,396 allocated for Metro, which includes funding for Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. Virginia’s portion is estimated to be $50,580,000.
The list of Northern Virginia transportation projects is as follows: (for the complete list of infrastructure projects throughout the Commonwealth, click here.)
- Arlington: Route 50/Courthouse Rd. Interchange - $10,300,000 from Highway Construction category
- Fairfax: Fairfax County Parkway Phase IV - $22,800,000 from BRAC construction category (Alliance Priority)
- Fairfax: Fairfax County Parkway Phase III - $37,300,000 from BRAC construction category (Alliance Priority)
- Fairfax: Fairfax County Parkway/Fair Lakes Interchange - $13,020,897 from Highway construction category (Alliance Priority)
- Loudoun: Routes 7/9/287 - $4,476,000 from Pavement Preservation and Restoration category
- Loudoun: Virginia Rural Transit (VRT) - $2,794,000 from Rural Transit category
- Manassas: Wellington Road/Rail Interchange - $24,905,390 from Rail category
- NoVa/Fredricksburg: Potomac-Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC) - $3,900,000 from Urban Transit category
- NoVa/Fredricksburg: Virginia Railway Express (VRE) - $9,800,000 from Urban Transit category
- Northern Virginia: Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (the other NVTA) - $51,262,196 for regional transportation priorities (to view the list of NVTA projects, click here.)
- Prince William: US Marine Corp Heritage Trail - $500,000 from Transportation Enhancement Project
- Prince William: Haymarket Transit - $145,000 from Rural Transit category
- Prince William: Routes 1/15/28/29/55/234 - $5,819,000 from Pavement Preservation and Restoration category
Total (Plus Virginia’s Portion of WMATA): $237,602,483